RYT 200 Teacher Training Program Description
Yoga Study Program With Teacher Certification:
An in-depth inquiry into the principles and practices of Yoga
This course is an invitation to:
- Experience the power of Yoga as a tool for transformation
- Gain a deeper understanding of Yoga as a practice and a philosophy
- Learn the fundamentals of teaching a complete Yoga class
This program will be of interest to those persons wishing to teach a beginning Yoga class and to those wishing to increase their personal knowledge of the science of Yoga.
The teacher training program at Frog Pond Yoga Centre is based on the study of Raja Yoga, the Yoga Sutra of Sage Patanjali. This is a 200 hour course, which includes 180 hours of classroom instruction and a ten hour teaching practicum. The well-defined curriculum includes:
- Philosophy of Yoga: Pantanjali’s Yoga Sutra
- History of Yoga: East & West
- The many paths of Yoga
- Anatomy, Physiology, and the Art of Asana
- Psychology of Yoga and transformation of consiousness
- Meditation, neurophysiology, and the evolution of consiousness
- Sanskrit: The language of Yoga
- Teaching a comprehensive Yoga class
- Living the Yogic Lifestyle
A Teaching Certificate is issued upon completion of the course and its requirements.
Program participants should have a:
- Basic understanding of Yoga and 1-2 Years of Yoga experience
- Strong desire to promote one’s spiritual growth through study, practice, and teaching
- Commitment to regular attendance, participation in discussions, and to practice teachingProgram participants are required to remain current with readings and assignments and complete a ten hour teaching practicum outside of class.
Cost of the Program
The total cost of the program is $2200, which includes all texts, printed materials, and instruction.
A deposit of $400 is requested with your application. You may provide the full cost of tuition up front, or the balance of your tuition may be paid in monthly installments over the duration of the program. For more information on available payment options, please call or email Diane Featherstone.
Guest instructors will join the training to introduce the teachings of other Yoga traditions.